LED lights can be easily installed in any type of aquarium no matter what is the size of that particular aquarium. You can also drill holes in the top lid of your aquarium, fit the LEDs in the holes and glue them to make your aquarium water proof. And no, you don’t need to worry about the heat generation inside the aquarium, as the LED lights don’t make any heat.
Installing the LED lights cam reduce the energy consumption in your freshwater aquarium, and lower the amount of heat generated inside the aquarium. Here are some tips on how you can do that.
Plan Well in Advance
To execute this project perfectly, you’ll need to access the total amount of LEDs that you’ll ne installing in the tank. Make a diagram of how the tank would look like after installing the LEDs. Also, you must know the basic rules of using resistors, transformer and some basic now how about the required voltage.
Make The Right Purchases
In the next step, you’ll need to buy materials like Plexiglass, LEDs, copper wire, resistors, transformers, and glue.
The tools required in this project are bandsaw, sandpaper, pencil, soldering iron, solder, pliers, drill press, combination square and drill bit matching the diameter of your LEDs.
Here are the rest of the steps mentioned briefly.
- You’ll have to cut the plexiglass in the required dimensions according to your tank’s dimensions. Use the bandsaw.
- Now use the combination square and mark where the holes for LEDs will be drilled.
- Use the drill with the required drill bit and drill holes in the plexiglass.
- Insert the LEDs in the drilled holes.
- Connect all the rows of LEDs and solder the resistors in the predetermined arrangement.
- Now solder the main power wire into the design and check if the thing works properly.
Visit https://expertaquarist.com/best-light-for-aquarium-plants/ for additional information on freshwater aquarium lighting.